Thursday, May 17, 2012

Road Trip and Mother's Day

We've had several firsts the past few weeks.  Cason made his first road trip to Dallas (I'm sure the first of many!).  My parents came down to Austin and ended up bringing Cason and I back for a week.  I've had some trouble with my back so having two extra hands to lift the little man was very helpful.  My dad is retired and did the majority of the extra care during the week.  Cason and I were so lucky to have them helping us.  After two pain injections and a week of extra rest and help I am almost back to normal. Terry missed us but he did get to sleep all he wanted and managed to fish a few times too.

Cason got to meet Uncle Jud, Aunt Barbara and his cousin Dominic for the first time.  We saw Uncle Michael, Aunt Angie, Connor and Brooklyn a few times.  Connor pretty much ignores him and Brooklyn stares at him and tries to figure out where this new baby came from.  He got to spend some time with his Grandpa and was extra sweet while Grandma Dale babysat him Saturday afternoon.

Terry came in to pick us up and my first Mother's Day was mostly spent driving back to Austin, but I did get to nap along with Cason on the way home.  Terry managed to clean the house in between sleeping and fishing as part of my Mother's Day but as soon as we arrived and brought in all the gear it looked like a tornado hit it again.  I don't know how someone so small can manage to have so much stuff and make such a big mess.
Sad because he is going to miss the extra attention.

His first pair of jeans.  Such a little man!
Grandaddy and Cason had several naps in this chair!
One of our only family pictures


No comments:

Post a Comment